Saturday 20 January 2018

Organisation and a new kit

I've had quite a busy week, with no much time for stitching unfortunately. But I did have a lovely time last Sunday with all of my DMC threads. I finally got round to getting them all out and putting them away again in numerical order. I'm lucky to have quite the collection of DMC, but it was making it more difficult to find the ones I needed! I'm glad they're all organised now for easy access. They list the threads required in Cross Stitcher magazine in numerical order, so it should make kitting up projects a lot easier.



I have just started on my new kit that I bought with my Christmas voucher for SewandSo.com. It's called Highland Walkies from Bothy Threads. It was on my wish list for a long time so I was so pleased I got to purchase it. However, I was a little disappointed when I opened it because the threads were just draped over the thread holder, not secured, so the threads were in danger of mixing up. I spent most of the time when I opened the kit sorting the threads and only got a few stitches in. I'm sure I'll have a progress picture for next time. 



I've still got my Christmas sampler on the go. I thought about packing it away until next December, but I don't like leaving a project unfinished. Besides, if I finish it soon, it will definitely be ready to display next Christmas. I've got a couple of new projects on the bench, but I'm going to finish some before I make another new start.

I hope you're staying warm. It's been very bitterly cold in Bristol lately, I'm very glad for tea and stitching!

Best wishes,

Bekca
xxx

3 comments:

RJ said...

Bekca you did a good job getting your DMC organized. I need to do that so badly. I love your new project and look forward to seeing your progress. Happy stitching. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Carol said...

It's such a good feeling to organize your stitching stuff, isn't it, Bekca? I have been doing a bit of that myself--need to tackle my fabric drawers next :) Your new kit looks like such fun--hope to see a progress pic soon!

Brigitte said...

Good that you could get your DMCs organized. It is always some work but then you easily find the ones you need.
Great new project by Bothy Threads. Looking forward to seeing your start on it.